The X8 DRUMS popular djembe package! The Ramadan Pro Djembe drum with fitted Blue Celestial Djembe Backpack Bag packaged up with a mini djembe and a red holiday bow.
Guaranteed to WOW any percussionist!
The Ramadan Pro African djembe drum is a professional level djembe that sounds absolutely fantastic and is built to perfection. Made with the utmost care and attention to detail this Pro African djembe drum is a hand-carved beauty that is not only stunning but a true work of art. It just doesn’t get any better than this!
The carvings in this drum represent the African symbol "Mframadan" which is a symbol of fortitude and readiness to face life's challenges.
X8 DRUMS takes great pride that their djembe drums are environmentally friendly. Each drum is made from legally harvested/Government inspected and certified Mahogany. The fact that we import these drums directly means that you get 'factory direct' prices and the finest selection of handcrafted djembe drums.
Please note that each drum is hand-carved, by master carvers, and sizes will tend to slightly fluctuate. No two drums are exactly alike which makes each one a unique work of art.
20" Tall x 10-11" Head
24" Tall x 12" Head
25-26" Tall x 13-14" Head
- Legally Harvested, Environmentally Sustainable Mahogany wood
- One-piece Mahogany solid shell construction
- Government Certification Process
- Low Stretch Alpine Nylon HTB 5 mm rope runners
- Natural, unbleached heads for authentic look and sound.
- 3 ring system at the head for more stable tuning and elimination of skin slippage
- Lathe turned for uniform thickness
- Lateral groove/rough surfaced carvings on interior bowl to reduce overtones
- Shells are kiln dried with up to 20 coats of teak oil to protect and preserve the wood.
- Premium selected goatskin drumheads
- Temperature controlled storage environment
- Professional drum techs on staff ready to service your djembe
- The Bag: Durable blue celestial backpack djembe bag. Features 2 heavy duty black zippers and a front pocket for storage. Each bag is quilted with padding to protect your instrument for storage or when transporting to gigs.
- Mini Djembe Drum: This X8 Mini Djembe is made of a solid piece of mahogany with a goatskin head and traditional rope tuning system. The X8 Drums logo is hand painted on to each drum. Measures approximately 7.5" tall with a 5" diameter drum head.
Free Djembe Tuning & Inspection
Whether you set up your djembe yourself, or have it done by a professional tech, a good set-up is crucial to achieving not only optimum playability but maximum tone too.
The X8 Drums full djembe set-up includes a close inspection and preparation of your drum head. We check for any flaws in the skin and perform a final close dry shave that eliminates any stubble that could irritate your hands.
In addition your djembe will be tuned and tested for optimal tones based on the build of the shell, ring placement and skin quality.
All work performed on your djembe is done by experienced djembe techs that are also active, performing hand percussionists. We understand what tones can be produced by our X8 djembes and we'll make sure that your drum is ready to sing as soon as you pull it out of the box.
East African Expressions of Christianity
by Thomas Spear, Asaria N. Kimambo and Kimambo,Isaria Ed.
University of Chicago Press (1999)
ISBN 0821412744 9780821412749
Eric Jerome Dickey (born July 7, 1961) is a New York Times best-selling American author best known for his novels about contemporary African-American life. He is also known for writing several crime novels involving grifters, ex cons, and assassins, the latter novels having more diverse settings, moving from Los Angeles to the UK to the West Indies, each having an international cast of characters.
His books Sleeping with Strangers and Waking with Enemies were released on April 10, 2007 and August 7, 2007, respectively. His 14th novel, Pleasure', was released in April 2008. On November 1, 2008 Eric released his 15th solo work entitled Dying for Revenge.
Dickey is the author of the graphic novel Storm, which re-imagines the first meeting between the popular X-Men character Ororo Munroe and T'Challa, king of the fictional land of Wakanda known as the Black Panther.